Applying and Contacting UsGenerally please send all job- and application-related communications to:
If you send to other addresses, your messages and your application may get delayed.
Graduate studies require some funding from scholarships, research grants, commercial projects, and external jobs. Funding is different depending on whether you are a student from Germany or abroad. Here are some possible funding sources:
- The DAAD finances study by foreign students in Germany. Applications are competitive. You first apply to the DAAD, and then need to contact us for working out a concrete proposal for studying in our research group. For more information, go to daad.de and navigate to your country site.
- Our research group may have project-related funding available. Usually, we will post such openings on the site. Project-related funding offers more opportunities for travel and work within a team on a well-defined project, but it also provides less flexibility than a fellowship in terms of choosing your topics.
- The Computer Science Department and its associated foundation offer a limited number of competitive scholarships each year. For more information, please see the page on Promotion und Graduiertenschule
Research and Teaching Jobs
In addition to funded projects, there are some other opportunities for research in IUPR. We can hire some students, including Ph.D. students, for a combination of teaching and Ph.D. research. Generally, this requires the ability to teach and interact with students in German. We can also host a limited number of DAAD postdocs and Ph.D. students; such positions are dependent on writing a joint research statement and proposal to the DAAD. B.A. and M.A. students already at the University of Kaiserslautern are always welcome to apply for HiWi positions, projects, and thesis projects in our lab.
Areas of interest for these non-project related positions are, among others:
- OCR and document analysis
- computational forensics
- pattern recognition and machine learning, in particular benchmarking
- image databases
- 3D modeling
- human-computer interaction, including automated evaluation of user interfaces
- simulation, virtual worlds, and gaming
Please see our publications and project pages for more information.